Residential Compost Drop-Off Locations
Those who want to compost but who don't have the space can drop off food scraps at the following places:
- Vermont Compost, 1996 Main Street, Montpelier
- Grow Compost, 2046 U.S. Route 2, Waterbury (Our mailing address is Waterbury. The farm is physically located in Moretown.)
- Perfect Circle Farm, 1170 Airport Rd Berlin, 802-223-7484, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Casella Resource Solutions, 408 E. Montpelier Rd, Montpelier: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- All Metals Recycling Center, 2141 VT Route 15, Hardwick: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Saturday, 8. a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Black Dirt Farm, 393 Stannard Mountain Rd, Greensboro Bend: Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m. -7 p.m.
- Greensboro Recycling Center (behind Greensboro town hall), 81 Lauredon Ave, Greensboro: Saturday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- All Vermont Transfer Stations
- CVSWMD's ARCC, 540 North Main St., Barre, Mon/Wed/Fri 10:30 am - 5:30 pm; 3rd Saturdays 9 am - 1 pm. See ARCC page for fees.
Residential Curbside Compost Pick-Up:
We update our website regularly, but if we missed something, please let us know.